Black bean brownies
A dessert you can feel great about, these brownies offer protein, fiber and a smooth texture thanks to black beans. Canola oil is a baking no-brainer with less saturated fat than other cooking oils, a light texture and neutral flavor.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 can (15.5 oz/460 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (4 mL) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray 8" x 8" (20 x 20 cm) baking dish with canola oil cooking spray.
- In blender or food processor, place beans, canola oil and 1/3 cup (75 mL) chocolate chips and blend well.
- Add eggs, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and vanilla to mixture and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Store in refrigerator.
Summer watermelon mango salad with herb vinaigrette
Sweet watermelon and mangoes sweeten this succulent recipe. Paired with quinoa and edamame, this salad is a dish that could easily be a complete meal!See recipe About Summer watermelon mango salad with herb vinaigrette
Pear-rhubarb breakfast crisp
This hearty breakfast bake highlights in-season Anjous in a more healthful take on warm fruit crisp, with a crunchy, granola-like topping. It’s positively delicious with a big spoonful of creamy Greek yogurt. Kids will love the idea of dessert for breakfast, but with olive oil standing in for butter, and maple syrup adding a touch of sweetness, it provides a satisfyingly wholesome start to their day.See recipe About Pear-rhubarb breakfast crisp
Black bean lentil salad with chili-lime vinaigrette
The black beans and lentils make this salad high in fibre and protein. The chili-lime vinaigrette adds a punch of flavour that will leave you wanting more!See recipe About Black bean lentil salad with chili-lime vinaigrette