A charitable bequest may allow you to leave a larger gift than you possibly could during your lifetime.
Types of gifts
Here are a few options:
- Residual bequest: a percentage or share of the remainder of your estate
- Specific bequest: a specific sum of money as a gift
- Specific asset: property, life insurance or any shares (such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds)
Be a part of an incredible legacy
Every gift in a will helps us realize our shared vision of a world free from diabetes. Your gift will help Canadians with diabetes live healthier lives and supports innovative research.
With the help of a financial advisor or lawyer you can include language in your Will to specify that you would like to leave a gift in your Will to Diabetes Canada.
- Speak to your family and loved ones about your wishes
- Speak to your lawyer or financial advisor about drafting or revising your will
- Include the appropriate wording in your will. Examples include:
- “I direct my trustee to pay or transfer to Canadian Diabetes Association ___% of the residue of my estate.”
- “I direct my trustee to pay or transfer to Canadian Diabetes Association the sum of $____.”
Our legal name is Canadian Diabetes Association. Diabetes Canada will also be accepted.
Our charitable registration number is 11883 0744 RR0001.
Let us know about your gift. It will give Diabetes Canada the opportunity to thank you and, more importantly, to discuss what you hope your gift will accomplish. Of course, we will respect your privacy and confidentiality.
For more information:
Kate Hicks Senior Manager, Planned Giving 1-800-BANTING, ext. 5577 or 416-408-5577 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Gifts made to Diabetes Canada are also accepted.
Complete a letter of intent
Complete the form with your broker and return a copy to us to initiate your gift transfer.
Gift of securities
Donating stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other securities can be a tax effective way to help.Gift of securities About Gift of securities
A life insurance policy can help you receive tax benefits and support us.Life insurance About Life insurance
Gain the satisfaction of providing a future gift while retaining ownership and use of the fund during your lifetime.Retirement funds About Retirement funds