Summer Watermelon Mango Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Sweet watermelon and mangoes sweeten this succulent recipe. Paired with quinoa and edamame, this salad is a dish that could easily be a complete meal!
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1 cup (500 mL) watermelon, diced
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup (75 mL) shredded fresh mint
- ¼ cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh oregano, chives, thyme or basil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- In saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups (500 mL) water to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff with fork; transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Stir in watermelon, mango, cucumber, edamame, feta cheese and mint.
- Whisk together oil, herbs, lemon juice, mustard and honey, salt and pepper; pour over quinoa mixture and stir to coat.
Italian style gazpacho
A cold soup for hot summer days!See recipe About Italian style gazpacho
Falafel burgers with creamy sesame sauce
A healthy and filling burger that's bound to please vegetarians and meat-eaters too. This burger has a lot of flavour, without a lot of calories.See recipe About Falafel burgers with creamy sesame sauce
Farm-fresh tofu frittata
This simple-to-make farm-inspired frittata is a great way to introduce tofu into your diet.See recipe About Farm-fresh tofu frittata