Diabetes Canada is the leading national charity working to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision.
- Share knowledge and create connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them.
- Advocate through public policy.
- Fund research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
- By joining Diabetes Canada, you have the chance to make a difference every day for the almost 12 million people in Canada who are affected by diabetes.
The 5Cs that define who we are:
We CARE about the mission of Diabetes Canada
We have COMPASSION for people affected by diabetes and one another
We CONTRIBUTE to the cause by working together inclusively and embracing diverse perspectives
We are COURAGEOUS in our thoughts and actions
We are COMMITTED to ending diabetes together
Diabetes Canada's Mission and Values
Core Values: Agility, Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, and Taking Initiative
Why Join Diabetes Canada:
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized, and rewarded.
- A high-performing, collaborative team environment and a commitment to building a healthy and engaged work culture.
- Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work regularly remote and/or hybrid schedule.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive group benefits plan, includes health/dental, life insurance, disability coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and company-match Pension/RRSP.
- Most group benefits start on Day 1 when you join Diabetes Canada (health and dental coverage, life insurance and EFAP).
- Generous paid time-off benefits include additional paid holidays beyond the recognized provincial statutory holidays, and an end-of-year holiday office closure.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes
Diabetes Canada is committed to creating a high-performance culture, characterized by inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). Diabetes Canada strives to live our values of excellence, agility, collaboration, integrity, and initiative through our work, and learn or unlearn, iterate, and improve our approach to everything we do. Just as every experience with diabetes is different, so is every person’s lived experience. We search for people and groups to call-in, listen to, amplify, and stand together with, ensuring all voices are heard. We focus on what could be done, not what has been done, and strive to courageously hold ourselves and others accountable to this commitment.