This colourful salad offers tangy flavour and crunch
Much lighter than a classic coleslaw, pack it along on your next potluck or enjoy as an accompaniment to fish, chicken or grilled tofu kabobs.
- ½ small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- ½ small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, white or black, toasted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, onion, carrot and sesame seeds.
- Prepare dressing by shaking together rice vinegar, canola oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and refrigerate before serving. Ideally, allow to stand in fridge for an hour or more to allow flavours to mellow. Re-toss before serving.
Courtesy of www.canolainfo.org
Salmon with lemon-ginger sauce
Lots of flavour is added to the salmon with this easy marinade.See recipe About Salmon with lemon-ginger sauce
Falafel burgers with creamy sesame sauce
These tasty wraps make a quick and nutritious meal that's perfect for a fresh spring day.See recipe About Falafel burgers with creamy sesame sauce
Soba noodles with mushroom, spinach & tofu
Try healthy soba buckwheat noodles with a protein-packed vegetarian sauté.See recipe About Soba noodles with mushroom, spinach & tofu