This filling drink containing milk, fruit and cottage cheese is quick, easy and nourishing, ideal for busy mornings.
This filling drink containing milk, fruit and cottage cheese is quick, easy and nourishing, ideal for busymornings when a sit-down breakfast is not in the cards.
Cottage cheese has traditionally contained a lot of salt, with about 400 mg (17% DV) in ½ cup (125 mL).Some brands now contain less. Be sure to check the Nutrition Facts table when shopping and choosethe one that’s lowest in sodium.
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened strawberries 125 mL
- ¼ cup 1% cottage cheese or plain low-fat yogurt 60 ml
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- Artificial sweetener (optional)
- In blender, combine milk, strawberries, cottage cheese and vanilla.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Sweeten to taste with sweetener, if desired.
Canada’s Choice per Serving: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Meat and Alternatives
Quinoa, black bean & mango salad
Quinoa is a nutritious grain and is a source of fibre that makes a fantastic base for a salad.See recipe About Quinoa, black bean & mango salad
Curried lentils & vegetables
A simple, yet richly flavoured dish. Enjoy on its own or over warm quinoa, brown rice or millet.See recipe About Curried lentils & vegetables
Root vegetable mash with coriander
This side dish is a great alternative to your traditional side of potatoes! The spice blend makes it pleasantly hot and delicious.See recipe About Root vegetable mash with coriander