- 1 lb. (500 g) pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil or soft margarine
- 4 small (about 7 inch/18 cm) zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lb. (1 kg) large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (50 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until tender but firm; drain and return to pot. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over high heat; stir-fry zucchini and mushrooms for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Transfer to a bowl. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat; cook shrimp and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Add tomato and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer shrimp and zucchini mixtures (including all liquids) to pot of hot pasta.
- Add parsley, cheese, and lemon juice; toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from "Lighthearted Everyday Cooking" (Macmillan of Canada).
Root vegetable mash with coriander
This side dish is a great alternative to your traditional side of potatoes! The spice blend makes it pleasantly hot and delicious.See recipe About Root vegetable mash with coriander
Curried lentils & vegetables
A simple, yet richly flavoured dish. Enjoy on its own or over warm quinoa, brown rice or millet.See recipe About Curried lentils & vegetables
Spinach & mushroom barley pilaf
This barley pilaf makes a nice light meal on its own, or a delicious side.See recipe About Spinach & mushroom barley pilaf