Mediterranean roasted vegetables and chickpeas
Roasting vegetables and chickpeas with canola oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning is not only delicious when served over your favourite whole-grain pasta, it’s nutritious as well. Garnish with crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2 bunches of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup (500 mL) cherry tomatoes (use red, orange and yellow, if possible)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn
- Grated Parmesan cheese, crumbled feta for garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200 °C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, vinegar, and 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil. Pour the vegetable mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the kale with remaining canola oil. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and nestle in the kale leaves. Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Garnish with crumbled feta or grated Parmesan, if you like. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve the roasted chickpeas and vegetables with whole-grain pasta, brown rice, quinoa or couscous.
Farm-fresh tofu frittata
This simple-to-make farm-inspired frittata is a great way to introduce tofu into your diet.See recipe About Farm-fresh tofu frittata
Cheesy shepherd's pie
A lower fat version of the timeless classic with ground beef and vegetable, topped with creamy and cheesy mashed potatoes.See recipe About Cheesy shepherd's pie
Wild rice & apple stuffed acorn squash
Enjoy a dish with refreshing sweetness from apples and the delicate flavours of squash, celery and thyme.See recipe About Wild rice & apple stuffed acorn squash