Currently there are 11.7 million Canadians living with diabetes or prediabetes, and in just 10 years, that number is expected to increase to 14 million.
To address this growing health crisis, Diabetes Canada is focused on improving the quality of life for those with diabetes. Two key goals include being the go-to place for information and connection and changing the conversations around diabetes.
- We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and healthcare professionals who care for them.
- We’re funding critical research to bring us closer to a cure.
- Our advocacy efforts are improving access to diabetes medications, devices and supplies.
- Through our national, medically supervised D-Camps, we’re connecting kids and youth with type 1 diabetes when they need it most.
- And through ongoing education, including our toll-free support line, we’re helping people with diabetes live better.
With you by our side, we will keep working together to End Diabetes.
Where does every dollar go?
How do these numbers compare to previous years?
How your donations help
$7.1M+ committed to research
20,000+ diabetes inquiries
2,000+ attendees at professional healthcare conferences
Registered charity information return
View our Registered Charity Information filings (T3010) with the Canada Revenue Agency.
We're now closer to a cure than ever before and so grateful for the support to our generous partners!View our partners About Corporate Recognition
2021 Annual Report
Read our latest annual report to insights on our recent achievements and plans for the future.Read our report About 2021 Annual Report
Partner with Diabetes Canada today to help us end diabetes and meet your corporate social responsibility goals.Partner with us About Corporate partnerships