People with type 1 need to inject insulin or use an insulin pump to ensure their bodies have the right amount of insulin. Developments in technology mean that today it can be easier than ever for people to manage their diabetes using devices, such as a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) or flash glucose monitor.
You can manage type 1 diabetes by:
- taking insulin as recommended (and other medications, if prescribed by your doctor)
- monitoring your blood sugar levels regularly using a home blood glucose meter
- eating healthy meals and snacks
- enjoying regular physical activity
- aiming for a healthy body weight
- managing your stress effectively
D-Camps for kids and youth with type 1 diabetes
Has your child or teen been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? Learn more about Diabetes Canada D-Camps for kids with type 1 diabetes and their families. We offer summer and family camps, as well as leadership programs.
Try our healthy, delicious recipes for every meal or occasion.Browse recipes About Recipes
Your diabetes community
Read stories of inspiration from other people affected by diabetes.Latest stories About Your diabetes community
Help end diabetes
Help us End Diabetes by funding Canada’s best diabetes research.Donate today About Help end diabetes