A charitable gift annuity is a compelling way to make a gift to Diabetes Canada and receive guaranteed income for life.
It is a thoughtful gift that gives back. It can be especially appealing to individuals aged 70 or older, who wish to make a gift to Diabetes Canada and turn their taxable interest income from savings into substantially tax-free income.
- Gives you the satisfaction of knowing that your donation is being used immediately in support of Diabetes Canada’s work to End Diabetes.
- Guarantees you an income for life without any change.
- Relieves you of investment worries.
How it works
A single donor (or couple) donates the minimum sum of $10,000 to Diabetes Canada.
- Your age (not health) is used to determine the amount of the regular payments you will receive. The older you are the higher the payments, and they are guaranteed for life.
- Diabetes Canada purchases a commercial annuity for you.
- A portion of the donation is retained by Diabetes Canada to help people affected by diabetes, and a receipt for income tax purposes is issued to you for that amount.
Please note: The information provided is general in nature and not intended to be a substitute for professional legal and/or financial planning advice. Diabetes Canada encourages all donors who are planning a significant gift to consult with their family and seek independent legal and/or financial planning advice.
Through your Will
By taking a few simple steps today you can leave an incredible legacy for the future.Will & testament About Through your Will
Securities, stocks, bonds & mutual funds
Donating stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other securities can be a tax effective way to help.Tax effective giving About Securities, stocks, bonds & mutual funds
A life insurance policy can help you receive tax benefits and support us.Life insurance giving About Life insurance