Healthy Living
February 09, 2018 By N/A
New survey conducted shows 86 per cent of Canadians with diabetes take managing their diabetes very seriously

Managing diabetes can be difficult – for Canadians living with the disease, some days feel like a challenge. Ninety-nine per cent of them say they make healthy decisions every day to manage their diabetes. They monitor what they eat daily, consult a medical professional for advice and even lean on their peers for support. According to a recent Angus Reid forum panel of 1,113 Canadian diabetes patients who self-test their blood glucose (facilitated by MARU/Matchbox), 66 per cent of Canadians living with diabetes feel support from their family and friends, while the remaining 34 per cent do not.

For Andrea Pellizzer, founder of the Type One Chick blog, it’s the support that she receives from family and friends that allows her to celebrate #SmallVictories, and the daily decisions she makes that have a big impact.

“The decisions I make every day have an impact on my diabetes. It’s up to me to plan out each of my meals to ensure my blood sugar levels are stable, maintain an active lifestyle and actively listen to what my body needs,” says Andrea, who lives with type 1 diabetes. “Accomplishing these daily challenges allows me to feel happier and healthy, and makes it easier for me to manage my diabetes day in and day out.”

During the month of February, Andrea and the OneTouch® brand are encouraging Canadians to come together and celebrate the everyday choices people living with diabetes make to live a healthy lifestyle.

Watch Andrea’s video on the OneTouch® brand’s Facebook page as Andrea shares her day-in-the-life and the small victories she works on achieving. For every share the video earns and use of the #SmallVictories hashtag, the OneTouch® brand will donate $1 to Diabetes Canada, up to $25,000. 

You must be logged in to comment

login

No Comments Yet

Be the first to comment

Keep diabetes research moving forward

Your donation will ensure research never stops – help End Diabetes Now.

Donate