1. I am an Emeritus member. Will my membership automatically renew each year?
Professional members who had Emeritus status prior to June 1, 2016, are required to renew their membership each year by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As of June 1, 2016, this category of membership is no longer offered.
2. What do I need to renew my professional membership online?
To renew your membership online, you will need the following:
An online account with myCDA
Username (the email address used for myCDA setup) and password
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express)
3. What if I can’t remember my login password?
You can reset your password by clicking on ‘forgot username or password’ to regain access to your myCDA online account.
4. How can I register as a new CDA Professional Section member?
First you will need to create a myCDA new user account. Once complete, select the CDA Professional Section Member category. Complete the online registration form and provide a credit card number to process payment. Learn more about the CDA Professional Section Membership to ensure this is the right membership for you.
5. I'm having trouble using my credit card online. What should I do?
Please ensure that the credit card number is entered correctly and that the expiry date is accurate. If you are still having problems, please contact us either by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 1-800-BANTING (226-8464).
6. Is my online information secure?
Yes. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
7. How long will it take to complete the online membership registration/renewal?
The entire process will take approximately 15 minutes from start to finish.
8. How will I know if I’ve completed the membership renewal correctly?
If you have completed the membership renewal correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from the Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA) within minutes of successfully completing your online renewal.
9. How long will it take to receive confirmation of my online application?
Your online application will be processed immediately and you will receive a confirmation letter via email within 24 hours.
10. Why should I keep a copy of my confirmation email?
The confirmation email is your proof of payment of professional membership dues.
11. What if I live outside of Canada?
We encourage international health-care professionals to become a CDA Professional Section Member. To join, select the Associate Professional Member.
12. Can I get a tax receipt from CDA for professional dues paid?
CDA is unable to provide an income tax receipt for professional membership dues because we are not a health-care professional registering body, and because members receive product (eg. publications) in return as a member benefit. The confirmation is a proof of payment of membership fees.