Physical Activity and Exercise Workshops
CDA is holding a number of workshops across Canada to help diabetes-educators educate their patients on the importance of physical activity and exercise counselling.
The workshop helps to supplement the newly released Building Competency in Diabetes Education: Physical Activity and Exercise resource manual that was developed to address the lack of resources available for diabetes care providers (physicians, nurses, dieticians, social workers, pharmacists, and physiotherapists) working with individuals with diabetes.
Workshops have been scheduled and confirmed in the following cities: \
- Kelowna, BC – June 14, 2012
- Vancouver, BC - June 16, 2012
- Muskoka Region (Barrie, ON) – July 18, 2012 | This workshop is now full and registration is closed.
- Ottawa & St. Lawrence Area, ON – September 21, 2012 | Click here to complete the Ottawa registration form ~ please note this workshop will include a four-hour PAE session and an interactive case-based diabetes team discussion on the management of diabetes and exercise moderated by Pierre Boulay.
- Milton, ON (GTA) – September 22, 2012 | Click here to complete the Milton registration form ~ please note this is an all-day workshop combines both the basic session with a two-hour Train-the-Trainer exercise
- Winnipeg, MB - November 9, 2012 ~ For more information click here (please note this is an all-day event)
For more information about joining a scheduled workshop, please contact Katie Hutchinson.
If you are unable to attend one of these listed workshops, please visit the CDA Order Desk to order the Building Competency in Diabetes Education: Physical Activity and Exercise resource manual and/or to order the supplementary brochures.
Physical Activity & Exercise Supplementary Brochures
To help you determine which brochure you should give your clients based on their stage of readiness and activity level, they have been broken into three groups:
Group 1 – Education and Awareness
1. Brochure 1 ~ Benefits of physical activity
Each brochure is specifically designed to match the appropriate message to the individual, so that they are more likely to tune-in and follow through.\
Physical Activity Exercise Videos