Physical Activity and Exercise Workshops
CDA is holding a number of workshops across Canada to help diabetes-educators educate their patients on the importance of physical activity and exercise counselling.
The workshop helps to supplement the newly released Building Competency in Diabetes Education: Physical Activity and Exercise resource manual that was developed to address the lack of resources available for diabetes care providers (physicians, nurses, dieticians, social workers, pharmacists, and physiotherapists) working with individuals with diabetes.
Workshops have been scheduled and confirmed in the following cities:
• Kelowna, BC – June 14, 2012
• Vancouver, BC - June 16, 2012
• Muskoka Region (Barrie, ON) – July 18, 2012 | This workshop is now full and registration is closed.
• Ottawa & St. Lawrence Area, ON – September 21, 2012
• Milton, ON (GTA) – September 22, 2012 | Click here to complete the Milton registration form ~ please note this workshop is a combined basic and Train-the-Trainer session)
• Winnipeg, MB - November 9, 2012 ~ please note this is an all-day Train-the-Trainer session
For more information about joining a scheduled workshop, please contact Katie Hutchinson.
If you are unable to attend one of these listed workshops, please visit the CDA Order Desk to order the Building Competency in Diabetes Education: Physical Activity and Exercise resource manual and/or to order the supplementary brochures.