- Research Reports
- The Canadian Diabetes Association is proud to be a leading supporter of diabetes research in Canada. Since 1975 and the establishment of the Charles H. Best Research Fund – named for insulin co-discoverer and Association co-founder Charles Best – the Association has awarded more than $95 million in research grants to scientists who have dedicated themselves to the fight against diabetes.
2009 Research Report
2008 Research Report
- Research: Who, What, and How Much?
- Each year, the Canadian Diabetes Association funds key research programs across Canada. People who donate money to the Association hope that their contribution will go to the breakthrough project that leads to a cure.
- Islet Cell Transplant Research
- Diabetes Dialogue readers will have some familiarity with islet transplants, as a description of the process and its potential was outlined in an article in the Winter 1999 issue, authored by Dr. James Shapiro and Dr. John Elliott. However, given the importance of the research to persons with diabetes, a brief recap is in order.
© 2012 Copyright Canadian Diabetes Association